FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Daypack suggestions
View Single Post
Old Oct 12, 2016, 2:01 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I'll piggy-back onto this thread since I have a similar question...

I'm looking for a daypack. Something that when empty could fit rather easily into my roller carry-on, or maybe even my existing backpack.

I keep a nicer shopping bag (picked it up for about C$1-2 from a supermarket in Halifax) in the pocket of my roller, and in a pinch have used that, but much nicer to not have to carry it.
I've also emptied out my nice backpack a few times, but then I have that stuff all over a hotel room, worrying that I'll forget/lose something (or forget to take it out and have a heavy backpack).

I was at REI on Monday (had time to kill while waiting for a haircut and REI was very close so walked over) and they have something that may work. It is drawstring at the top, looks like it is even water resistant (maybe water proof). Price was around $40. If memory serves, it was the Flash Backpack:
https://www.rei.com/product/892074/rei-flash-18-pack

Does anyone have it? Care to comment?

I have a couple of backpacks given out at conferences with just a single strap. That is mostly useless, as you then need to make sure it doesn't fall off

Going to Beijing for a mileage run/mini vacation in mid-November, so would like to have something to bring with me. Probably doing a day hike on/near the Great Wall, and the daypack would be ideal.