FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated DEN connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:24 pm
San Gottardo

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by mrswirl
Fortunately for you Immigration at DEN is almost always empty. All international flights arrive at terminal A and LH gates are closest to the center so deplaning first and jogging over the bridge you'll probably be thru customs and in the TSA line within 15 mins. You'll come out of customs in the main terminal and the North security checkpoint will be directly in front of you. If that's backed up, go directly upstairs to the bridge checkpoint which takes you back to terminal A.

Mid-day at northside TSA checkpoint should be relatively dead but you never know - this is where the biggest risk is but even on heavy days I've never been more than 15 mins in line. Quick train ride to terminal B and a brisk walk to the 80's gates - maybe another 10 mins.

I'd say a 55 min connection is very doable - just lots of walking.
Thanks a lot, really helpful.

Based on this and previous posts - thank you everybody! - I have now rebooked my connecting flight. I am ready to take the risk, but the alternative is waiting for 4.5 hours at DEN, an idea which depresses me (especially with the terrible UA club).
Originally Posted by mduell
This is a bad assumption, and fortunately the MCT is not set there. MCT is set by the airline to balance maximizing possible connections during banks with minimizing reaccomodation costs. Typical DD MCT at UA hubs is 25 minutes, which IMO the "average" traveller is not going to make if they were to actually book given UA's current OTP, boarding process, hub size, etc.
I do understand that they set MCT to maximize connections. But if they calculate it too tightly, then they will indeed produce too many mis-connects, which cannot be in their interest either. Especially if it leads to situations where people will have to be put up in a hotel for instance. Interesting tradeoff though that they have to make.

Again: thanks to all posters who helped me make an informed decision and (hopefully!) reach my destination earlier.