FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated DEN connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Oct 12, 2016, 10:28 am
mrswirl

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Haven't connected in DEN for 15 years, but will do so next week. Hence my question:

What is the shortest ("all stars aligned") connection time off the Lufthansa MUC-DEN flight and transferring to a regional flight?

I have aligned some stars already: flying in F, so I should come out quickly. I have Global Entry, so I should go through immigration quickly. I have no luggage, so more time saved. I am a fast walker.

What I don't know:
  • Coming from an international flight, will I exit in the main terminal building?
  • And go through securtiy in the main building, or in the B concourse?
  • Not sure if my TSA Pre works (has never worked so far...), so is there a Priority line wherever I need to go through security?
  • Any hints for the quickest way to the regional departure gates which are at the far end of the B concourse?

If the MUC flight lands on time, this will only leave me 55 minutes connection time. But often the MUC flight arrives early, leaving me around 1hour 15 minutes for a connection. Would that work?
Fortunately for you Immigration at DEN is almost always empty. All international flights arrive at terminal A and LH gates are closest to the center so deplaning first and jogging over the bridge you'll probably be thru customs and in the TSA line within 15 mins. You'll come out of customs in the main terminal and the North security checkpoint will be directly in front of you. If that's backed up, go directly upstairs to the bridge checkpoint which takes you back to terminal A.

Mid-day at northside TSA checkpoint should be relatively dead but you never know - this is where the biggest risk is but even on heavy days I've never been more than 15 mins in line. Quick train ride to terminal B and a brisk walk to the 80's gates - maybe another 10 mins.

I'd say a 55 min connection is very doable - just lots of walking.

Last edited by mrswirl; Oct 12, 2016 at 10:36 am