FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: LAX-JFK-MIA-PTY RT $702 in A/J 18.9K EQMs
Old Oct 12, 2016, 9:47 am
Server

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Originally Posted by tkelvin69
I was denied AC/FL access at LAX (LAX-PHX-JFK-MIA-PTY) on the basis of being a later than 0600 international departure the next day. After an argument it was F/C class, international, and EXP I was finally let in. I've never been denied lounge access on a single ticket international travel. I stopped by the FL where the nice agent allowed me in despite to entry dragon's refusal.
They asked me if I had a membership and I said "no". My guess is they assumed the 6:00 rule applied despite my elite status or I had no elite status at all (does it show up on their screens after scanning or do the look at the ticket for that?). My ticket has the elite status number, but no status in any corner is shown.

Either way I drew a blank from that denial, I've never been denied access on international itineraries (Inbound or outbound). It may be the latter since last time in ORD they let me in on my flight of NRT-ORD-BUF and asked me about membership. Responding with 'No, but I'm Playinum status'. Not complaining, just interesting how rules are enforced. Will try at DFW.

Last edited by Server; Oct 12, 2016 at 10:01 am