FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tier above Global Services - Chairman's Circle
Old Oct 11, 2016, 2:04 pm
STS-134

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Tblack15
I laugh at any post that stipulates what you would "make it clear to UA". That's real sweet of you to put your employees first, but I doubt many real CEOs would agree.
I've been part of organizations where the management made it clear that everyone was on the team together, and everyone would be treated equally. The CEO and CFO shared a room when they traveled, just like everyone else did. You know what happened? Everyone chipped in to try to cut expenses when they were asked to. The CFO made presentations showing how EPS affected share price, from which everyone could calculate what they were getting personally from an extra 1 cent per share.

Then I've been part of organizations where the management was just looking out for themselves, flying corporate jets while asking other employees to cut back, etc. You know what happened there? Employees felt bitter, and were constantly trying to figure out how to get the most out of the company. For example, many employees had the attitude that if management was going to waste money, they were going to waste money too, and recover as much of it as they could in their own pockets, through credit card rewards. You had employees trying to see if they could take trips to China during Chinese New Year, when no work would be getting done, etc.

The attitude of the management rubs off on everyone. If management thinks only of themselves, then employees will too.