FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat Swap Request Horror Stories
View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2016, 8:58 am
PTravel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kop84
I recently had to ask to switch seats, traveling was myself, wife, and 9 y/o daughter. We had a window in row 7, a middle in row 23, and a window in row 26.

I asked the window seat in row 23 if she would take row 9 window so I could sit with my daughter, she politely refused as her bags were overhead already. Not a problem, my daughter sat by herself and was just fine.

The thing that makes it funny is just after I got my daughter settled in and too my middle seat in 23, I'm such a good guy, 2 people with an infant sat in the row in front of me, and the look on the person's face who had declined was priceless...
I don't understand why you're gloating. You hand't offered her a seat away from the infant. Neither you nor the woman you asked to switch knew that an infant would be seated in the row in front of you. She declined your offer for a very legitimate reason: she didn't want to have to swim upstream to retrieve her bag on deplaning.

As for being a "good guy," because you took your assigned seat and didn't give the woman next to you a hard time, that is called "civil and respectful behavior," and is the baseline for appropriate conduct on a commercial aircraft.