FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AAdvantage 500 Mile (EQM) Minimum Mile Guarantee (master thd)
Old Oct 4, 2015, 10:55 am

AAdvantage 500 Mile (EQM) Minimum Mile Guarantee (master thd)

Elite members will earn at least 500 miles for flights under 500 miles on American Airlines and American Eagle (including codeshare flights booked as an American Airlines flight number) and participating AAdvantage and oneworld airlines:
I have a couple of questions about how this works. I am Gold and I have a DFW-SJC-DFW trip planned at the end of October. On the way to SJC there is a layover in LAX. LAX to SJC is only 308 miles, but with the minimum mileage guarantee does that mean that I will get 500 for that leg of the trip? Or does it not count as a separate segment since the ticket is actually DFW-SJC which is more than 500 miles? And do those miles count as base miles or only as bonus miles?

I tried booking it as DFW-LAX-SJC-DFW, but the ticket cost considerably more, even though they are on the same flights.

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 10, 2016 at 4:15 pm Reason: Restore original post title