FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [LEFT 26 Nov 2020] Le Meridien Piccadilly, London, United Kingdom [Master Thread]
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:14 pm
flyerbjorn

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by eeebee
I'm not sure what you mean by "a smaller room under the room". But one of the things about the LMP is that there is a huge amount of variation in the rooms there. Some may find that to be one of its charming qualities, some may find it annoying. There are some small rooms there, and some rather large ones.

I've found that some of the larger rooms are ones without great views (and sometimes interior-facing), and to get a good view (e.g., a high floor looking toward Parliament, the Eye, etc.) are sometimes a little bit smaller. If you don't care about the view, let them know in advance that you would prefer a larger room rather than a view. I've found that as a Plat, they're usually pretty good at accommodating my preferences (I personally prefer a good view). Of course, I've also stayed close to 100 nights there over the last 5-6 years.

Also, a small handful of the rooms (even ones that are not considered junior suites) have a sofa with a pull-out bed, which might be useful with your little ones in tow. If it's not too full while you're there, and you get the right FD agent, you might see if you can score one of those rooms.
Thank you for the insightful comments, that makes a lot of sense. I meant to write a "small room under the ROOF". The smaller room on a high floor did have nice views, but as a tall person, I found it inconvenient.

I'll definitely ask for a larger room with the family. I had a junior suite once, but thought the layout was a bit strange with a long hallway. Maybe that was that particular room.