FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-boarders should be forced to sit in the back of the plane
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:06 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Not if I get to pick the occupant of the middle seat next to me.

This is why I do not really care to get A16. Much rather have something like B10, for this exact reason.

Of course, it does not always work.
Then your SO/Friend in the middle seat gets stuck sitting next to the fat/smelly person And you would have the same thing with a legacy, just have whoever is sitting in the middle seat next to you on WN sit next to your on a legacy

I've never gotten stuck next to a smelly person but if I did I would complain to the flight attendant before the boarding door is closed. If I'm not upgraded I frequently have an exit row which means if the person is so fat they require a seatbelt extension they aren't allowed to sit there. If you fly a legacy a lot you sit up front a lot of the time which is 2-2 seating so no middle seat and plenty of room between seats and the arm rest is usually fixed. If I don't have an exit row and were to have someone seat next to me that was extremely fat I would put the arm rest down and if it wouldn't go down again complain discreetly to the FA and like on WN they would have to buy a second seat or more than likely just pay to be moved to first class.

I know some people like open seating just like some people would rather have no change fees on Southwest as opposed while others prefer being able to be put on an earlier flight for no charge on a legacy. I'll stick with my legacy carrier for my flight tomorrow since my upgrade has already cleared, probably won't clear on the return sunday but I have an aisle C+ seat on a 2-3 seating configured plane on the 2 seat side of the plane with free alcohol if I want to drink and can enjoy another coke zero instead of rushing to get on the plane for a decent seat

And I'll have the same issues with preboarders on the legacy this weekend that people on Southwest does. At least unless if they are in first or C+ i'll be able to get off the plane before them

Last edited by jamesteroh; Oct 6, 2016 at 6:12 pm