FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles
Old Oct 6, 2016, 3:05 pm
matter

Programs: LH, AF, QF
Wink Success!

Originally Posted by slickvik
Email the sales office
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Went to the local sales office and they will not issue any tickets without the actual account holder present. So asking any friends/family to go to the ticket office to do the ticketing will not work.
OK, so I was worried about my award ticket not going through, but have 3 good things to report, firstly I enlisted the help of my company's travel agent (Vision Travel), who have offices in Toronto, so figured worst case scenario they could physically visit on my behalf. But, they were able to settle it over the phone with the local sales office, when I was told multiple times this was not possible - so perhaps travel agents get better service?

Secondly, a day after the ticket was booked I did get a phone call from the sales staff to follow up re: my email (thanks Slickvik), so that may also work, but in this case the travel agent got it done faster.

The third good part is they booked me a RT award ticket YYZ-YVR for only 15k miles, which I believe is half the award chart price - nice!

As a side note, doing the ANA website and having the exact flight numbers is necessary, they kept saying "I see no availability" until they plugged in the exact details, so if anyone is trying to repeat this, come with all of the info.

Thanks for the help!