FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New YYC International Terminal - Opens Oct 31/16
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:37 pm
lespoir

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
YYC New International Terminal access to MLL

I participated the second wave of the trial runs at the YYC new international terminal today, and was really impressed by the new check-in hall, as well as the arrival hall immigration plus the luggage pick-up area, although less impressed by the gate waiting areas, particularly the D concourse.

While talking to the Air Canada checkin desk, I was told that for all three international flights, London-Heathrow, Frankfurt, and Tokyo-Narita, the way to use the existing domestic MLL is to go back to the C concourse to pass the security and use the MLL. There is a back-alley corridor that you can use to go through to the D concourse and reach to the Gate 70/71. This back-alley corridor is a one-way connection from the MLL to the gates, with someone checking your boarding pass. But if you use the international departure security to reach the D concourse first, you will not be allowed to use this corridor to reach the MLL.

Not sure what the long term solution (years down the road), but sounds like an inconvenience anyway. I hope AC allows us to use the Aspire Lounge in the D concourse.