FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Google Pixel Phones
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:31 pm
Letitride3c

Programs: UA, AA, DL, B6, CX, KE, Latitude, VIFP, Crown & Anchor, etc.
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Sure, not from store.google.com, but they are still available by going through google fi.
https://fi.google.com/about/phones/
Anyway, this isn't really addressing my question/observation about the older phones. -David
DW is using her N6 & love its screen size. My N5X (32GB model) is great, about to reach it's first birthday - on T-Mo USA's plan and only switch over to Fi's data only Sim when traveling abroad (Google Voice/Hangouts & WiFi calling ...)

Running Nougat 7.0 with Oct. security patch, latest bootloader & radio, rooted on custom AOSP rom - it's almost like having the Pixel with the newest launcher sideloaded (thanks to XDA Developers via APMirror site housing it) - stock camera is great and dont' need/care for the VR or other bells & whistles. Not to mention, windows or having split screen with 2 apps running ... don't need Big Brother monitor all the time, oops - I meant Google Assistant, even turned OFF Google Now on mine (enabled only as needed.)

Keep your eyes out for sales/deals on Amazon - going the Fi route is also cool, as even if you cancel services after a month, you get to keep the phone as long as it's paid in full ... Black Fridays/Cyber Mondays came early in 2015 and I will NOT be surprised with a repeat in 2016, so just around the corner.