FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving Back to the US. What to do with all these miles?
Old Oct 5, 2016, 5:54 pm
Darren870

Originally Posted by JDiver
Which FFP IMO should depend on where you'll be and therefore which airline will serve you best. E.g. SEA is great for Alaska, BDL or TPA perhaps not as much. Look at it in the long view.

Though DL has the "SkyPesos" reputation, I think award availability has changed among the "big three" to the extent it really doesn't vary too much in terms of availability. It's more about partners and diligence now.

Earning status is based on minimum spend on all big three now, so there's no major advantage (though DL and UA both waive some ticket spend for credit card spend, and AA doesn't yet - speculation is this has stalled as AA negotiates with both Citi and Barclaycard).

As to flying, many would say DL is most consistent in service, AA has deteriorated with being taken over by HP dba US and UA seems to continue as it has been.

If you're not doing Star, Alaska does allow miles earning on both AA and DL.

And for domestic short and medium haul with a very consistent product and good customer support, there's always WN / Southwest.
Yea, well I am probably going to be in FL for the next year or so with me going up to NY once a month at the minimum. Because of that I would likely take Jet Blue, or whatever is cheapest.

Now if I convert all my Virgin Velocity points to Kris Flyer I can then be part of the Star Alliance network and earn more Kris Flyer points with that Jetblue flight.

Thoughts on this? Am I off base? Anything I can do with those UA points?

If this is a good idea then I will put my Virgin Velocity FF in for my upcoming trip rather then my Delta Airlines.

----

As for the Virgin Atlantic points. Well I know its 12,500 for Melbs -> SYD. And I have to go up there soon. So that at least burns 83% of the. For the qantas I can use those for Syd -> Melbs and it would burn 95% of them. Then I can just let them expire.