FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - T Mobile Global data coverage
View Single Post
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:26 pm
LordHamster

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Yup, that seems to corroborate what I've learned so far. When in the States I use ~ 3GB of data monthly. When traveling I use the unlimited free T-Mo option which is amazing for emergencies and such but just is too slow to be really usable. I leave my home phone on and pay for T-Mo anyway. So now if I switch I'll be basically paying the same thing but getting higher speeds (via Google Fi). I suppose I could take the time to hunt down local SIMs to save a few bucks, but at ~$50 per month it just doesn't seem worth it. I've done that in the past and it can get annoying (I switch countries a lot). I'll take the convenience and speed. Will be buying the new Pixel phone next week and switching. Shame that because I really like T-Mobile and they were the first to promote this. But they simply were passed by as I can't book my travel based on their unknown promo schedule
I'd be willing to pay an extra $20-$25 a month as an add-on if they would unthrottle the international. For now, I'm sticking with Project Fi.