FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LGW-YVR full trip-report experience: not impressed
Old Oct 5, 2016, 3:39 am
YEGcg

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Originally Posted by sofasurfer
ISTR something about those upgrading to Plus being able to get a refund on pre-ordered meal charges, where applicable. But I could be wrong. Makes total sense, given the net revenue gain.
I ran into this last week. I had read their FAQ a while ago about "what happens of I pre-order food, then upgrade?"

The answer: Upgrade to a Plus *fare* and you'll get a refund. Upgrade to a Plus *seat* and you will get a credit (if lucky). So at T-23:59, if you've pre-ordered, your purchase of a Plus *seat* may not include food (you'll still get your pre-ordered food though).

One other odd note: before food/Bev service started, they announced my name on the PA, asking where I was seated so they could give me my "special meal". I would have thought they'd xref their manifest, seeing as I was the only name announced...(to be fair, I hadn't pre-selected a seat prior to OLCI, so maybe the pre-order info incl seat number is documented then?)