FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving Back to the US. What to do with all these miles?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 11:21 pm
Darren870

Thanks mate! I am actually in Melbs and looking forward to my next adventure! AUS has been great to me, thats for sure!

Yea. Most of these are from being in the UK and AUS for a while. I've burned through my BA points with internal flights in AUS, so happy to let that expire.

If there is nothing I can really do with the QF or Virgin Atlantic points I can use them for a RT ticket to Syd. When I go up in a few weeks. I suppose that will burn 90% of those.

Then that leaves my United Points and Virgin Velocity. Since I am making a trip to the US on Sunday with Delta I was really wondering what FF program to use. I had my Velocity in there, but just switched it to Delta. My thought was I could start building up a program in the US. Though if Delta isn't ranked that high I rather use a strategic one to not be in this mess anymore.

Do you think its worth singing up for AS then and putting the points there?

I guess all I really use FFP is for flying. Since being in AUS for the past three years I have really only used my Qantas, Virgin and BA points for flying internal within AUS. I would like to do the same in the states as well as international I suppose.

One thing is that I never liked UA or AA compared to Delta in terms of experience. Now its been forever really since I've flown AA. And UA still hasn't changed. I'll see how Delta is soon but UA and AA were always unprofessional on the international flights.

Thanks for the links! I'll check them out when I get home.

Edit:
Its worth noting I can transfer all those Velocity points to Kris Flyer Points. Which would then put in me in the Star Alliance network. What are your thoughts on that then? I think that might be a good idea as I'll be making trips from FL<->NY and likely be using Jet Blue.

Last edited by Darren870; Oct 4, 2016 at 11:45 pm