FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Emirates (EK) Awards Availability/Booking/Routing (2016 and Later)
Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:44 pm
BOB W

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by gofarhaveacigar
Can Alaska change my flight and refund the difference in miles (I believe it should be 10,000 miles each based on the old award charts)?
Call the Partner Award Desk on the 800 line. You are allowed one change per itinerary, provided space is available. This was confirmed by the agent that helped me. I switched from ANC-SEA-DFW-DXB-MUC to ANC-SEA-DXB-MUC (dropped the SEA-DFW) when the aircraft changed from the A380 to a 777) just a few weeks ago. Space has to be available, but it definitely worked for me. I was the only F Pax SEA-DXB which helped with availability.

Can't speak to keeping your original flights and not showing up for the onward. Sounds dicey to me, but it is just miles.

BTW, in Berlin for the Berlin Do now from those flights. Fun starts in a couple of days. BA going home in F. People complain about the BA surcharge, but I will get home with a $500 set of PJ's.