FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Being 'Grilled' at BRU during transfer
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:06 pm
WR Cage

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by mauld
I was traveling home to EWR from CDG via BRU. My Brussels Air flight from Paris was late, making for a very tight connection to my UA flight from gate A60 to B11. We were told they would hold the flight for us and had given our names to the B11 gate agents. I made the mad dash through the terminals, checkpoints etc and arrived to find my flight still boarding (big relief)... but I was then grilled for over 5 minutes by Security about why I was transferring, exactly what I did in Paris, which hotel, what was around my hotel, where did I work in the US, who owned my company?? On and on. Now I'm a pretty average middle aged woman, no accent or anything that would separate me from others. Not sure if the is just an odd event or the norm in BRU. I can't say that I saw others being grilled, but it may have been my slightly rushed appearance -- she did say they were expecting me, due to the delay, but still was very through in her questioning. ( I usually just get the.. did you pack your own bags, where have the been etc)
If the above occurred at the gate, I don't think you were grilled by security but rather the UA passport checker contractor, ICS. Did the interrogator put a green tag on the back of your passport?