FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [consolidated] Prepaid SIM cards in USA
View Single Post
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:59 am
der_saeufer

Originally Posted by Morland
I've bought US SIMs in the US many times before with a UK credit card - I've never come across this restriction before. Many suppliers also ship outside the US (even if it rarely make sense to get sent outside the US rather than to your hotel).
It sounds like a restriction specific to T-Mobile's online store... which doesn't make it any less pointless, but at least there are lots of other suppliers of T-Mobile SIMs online.

Originally Posted by LHRRB
I will be visiting the USA in November, Travelling from LAX to LAS (Visiting the famous sights and death valley etc), I need a SIMCARD we arrive into LAX any recommendations on what network to go to and who offers the best value we mainly need data.
Buying SIMs in person in the US, you can pay any way you want. For someone who needs mostly data and is OK with T-Mobile's coverage, a trip to Walmart will get you $30 for 5gb, 100 mins, 30 days, which is a better deal than the 'tourist plan' for many tourists. If you need AT&T coverage, Straight Talk or Net10 is $40ish for 2-3gb and unlimited calls/sms. Walmart also sells a carrier called "Total Wireless" but they're on Verizon's network and won't work unless your phone supports CDMA (rare for phones sold outside the US). Same goes for anything on Sprint's network.

Last edited by der_saeufer; Oct 4, 2016 at 7:04 am