FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bump off upgrade problem
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2004, 9:50 pm
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

You can say that again!

Originally Posted by bnaboy
DP - The way things are looking, you may have to brush up on that one yourself.
The word in the Bankruptcy community is not if but when Delta files for Chapter 11 protection. Moreover, as others have said, that is exactly the type of customer service that will push it that much faster into the courts and into the open arms of ... my wife! Ha, Ha!

As for the Purser's claim that Ben ought to have been happy with what he received, as others have pointed out, his CONTRACT with Delta was for bump vouchers AND BE seating, not one or the other.

As I advised, if Delta pulls the same spiel as the Delta gate agent did, I am sure that a number of newspapers and other news sources would be happy to pick up on the fact that Delta ruined Ben's once in a lifetime Honeymoon to Paris. Of course, Ben also could pursue legal remedies in small claims court, as he has documentation proving that he was to travel in B/E after he and Delta agreed upon a new contract of carriage.

Finally, Delta Purser, I think that you should study Rule 240, as others have alluded to its substance, but not its actual codification, above.

That requires the carrier to place the passenger(s) in the same class of service as they had agreed to travel if there is an interruption in their flight. This rule requires Delta to have placed Ben and his wife on another carrier, if no substitute was available with respect to Ben's preferences, not Delta's.

So, Delta Purser, I suggest that you bone up on the law books, as you are way off base on many accounts, and who knows, perhaps if you study real hard, you may meet my wife one day in court where she goes by the nickname "The Terminator."