FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:00 pm
Tim O'Brien

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Buy and cancel part cash part points.

Rack up multiple bonus nights to hit spire after 8 stays

Transfer from VS

Etc. Etc. there are more holes in the IHG Rewards scheme than a piece of Swiss cheese.

If you actually believe the revenue numbers in the "leaked" IHG presentation re: AMB it implies that IHG would be better off if they scrapped RA entirely.
i don't think IHG are flying blind, i think they are fully aware of the program's idiosyncrasies, i think they're fully cognisant of the holes you refer to.

don't you think IHG are fully aware of the 'cash and points' cancel process? i honestly don't think they'd learn about that in this thread?

i believe they are aware of achieving Spire, without even walking into a IHG property, and frankly, i'm not sure that Spire is even worth 8 stays? compare that to 25 at Hyatt for a lot lot more, suites, and breakfast in higher standard properties than CP, HI, et al, where Spire is relevant!

i firmly believe they consciously choose to deliver their IT at the sub standard they deliver it, as a trade off to keep a lid on costs, same for Makati outsourced customer support, it's just a strategic position they take, not out of ignorance, but rather for economic reasons.