FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:32 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by justned
currently Marriott Gold via SPG Gold. Tried to ask a rep to do road to plat challenge and was told I needed 50 nights in the calendar year to be eligible for the challenge. Is this new? Why would I need to do the challenge if I already 50 nights. What would the purpose be? so dumb.
Sounds like the rep is saying you need to have "earned" MR Gold to be able to do a challenge to MR Plat. The status match does not get you the tier nights. For instance, if you are SPG Gold and link your accounts to get MR Gold, you will still need to get credit for 75 MR nights to get MR Plat, unless you make Plat with SPG Plat before then.

This is in line with people that do a promo to Gold in either of the programs, they still need to meet the rules for Plat and not just the difference between the two tiers. Technically, you are promo Gold with MR.