FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Belgian Beer Festival DO VII in BRU, April 22-23, 2017
Old Oct 3, 2016, 11:07 am
Ghentleman

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
Originally Posted by ellyse
Gosh polkacat, you must be psychic or something. My Swiss CouchSurfer (who just left my place yesterday) may be joining me, he's a big beer fan, and he also suggested Westvletren. My Belgian CouchSurfer from Ghent (who left my place a few years ago, haha) recommended 2 days for Ghent, only 1 day for Bruges, and 2 days for Brussels.

My rough itinerary thus far, before I heard your suggestions:
Mon 17/4: flight in, arriving BRU either 1910 or 2220) -> still possible to grab a train to Bruges if I arrive on the later flight?
Tue 18/4: Bruges
Wed 19/4: Bruges
Thu 20/4: Bruges (morning) / Ghent (afternoon)
Fri 21/4: Ghent
Sat 22/4: Leuven
Sun 23/4: Brussels
Mon 24/4: Brussels

I then have the option of flying out on:
a) 24/4 on TK at 1335 or 1930
b) 25/4 morning or 26/4 morning on SK or SN/SK with a long stopover in CPH either day
I'm looking for recommendations and opinions on which option to take, but I guess that would be another thread of its own!
Yes you can take the train to Bruges when you arrive at 22:20 if bags are fast. Train is at 22:59. If you mis that one, the last one is at 23:59 with a change in Brussels South (Midi - Zuid).
Why would you spend so much time in Bruges? Yes it's beautiful but also small and full of tourists. Add Antwerp or a trip to the Ardennes or the seaside (Zwin nature reserve) or the war cemeteries.