FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same-day flight changes on Westjet?
View Single Post
Old Oct 3, 2016, 10:22 am
catarina

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, WS Gold, Hertz PC, NationalEE, Hyatt Explorist, IHGGold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I have asked this somewhere else on the WS forum, there was some initial confusion, but the final answer is that you are eligible to get on the "next available" flight, even if it is the next day. This was very relevant for me as I fly to YBR frequently, which only has 1 flight per day.

This is correct. I have used it several times when missing the 10PM out of YEG to YVR and getting on the 7AM next day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang View Post
Has anyone changed from the last flight of the day to the first flight of the next day as a WestJet Gold? Is that possible via the app, assuming you don't check in ahead of time?

You have to "late show" at the airport within 2 hours of your missed flight. You need to be there with enough time to get to the counter agent and have them complete the transaction with 120 minutes of your flight time.

And do check first if the flight is running late, because they just might manage to get you on your scheduled flight

I have done this a number of times when I am staying at the hotel in the terminal. They are supposed to put you on the next flight the next morning, but I "think" I recall being allowed to choose any flight the next day. In one case I was able to go to the counter early the next morning and change to a later flight, but this is so specific to my flying patterns in a particular city. Most people really would not find that convenient at all.

Cat