FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Australia itinerary help (not city/region specific)
Old Oct 2, 2016, 9:26 pm
michelle_t_s

Programs: Qantas, Emirates, American Airlines
Originally Posted by scubaerin
Ok, things are starting to come together--

Sydney 5 Nov- 9 Nov-- depart for Carins/reef/rainforest: 9 Nov- 14/15-
head to Melbourne 15 Nov- 17 Nov- maybe head to Adelaide?
depart Melbourne/Adelaide for Perth 20 Nov; pick up car- head south to visit with friends
21-23 Nov explore Margaret River area with friend; return to Perth 24 Nov; depart PER for home on 25 Nov
seems a strange thing to do Sydney first then Cairns then back to Melbourne. I think fly to Syd and straight to Cairns first, then Brisbane back to Syd, Melb, Perth makes more sense. you will have less down time in airports and travelling as the last legs are shorter and easier.
5 days in Cairns in November would kill me! The reef is amazing and you need to do this and then spend more of your time here or at the rainforest, Cairns is a very slow old town and apart from being on the boring side it is incredibly hot and humid.
Sydney rocks district, Ferry from Darling Harbour, Bondi or any beaches, Hunter Valley all good locations. You could spend a week in Sydney easy.
Melbourne again you could spend heaps of time. I would suggest more time in these places.