FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JP Morgan Reserve vs. AMEX Centurion
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:38 pm
dlesin

Maybe it's just from being based in NYC but the Centurion really doesn't seem all that exclusive to me. When I had originally gotten mine ages ago it was cool to have and I didn't see it around all that often but now it seems every time I go to a nice restaurant everyone at the bar is paying with one. I was at Cipriani downtown in Soho the other day and of the 10 people at the bar literally all but 1 paid with centurions...As far as service, as most cent holders can attest it dropped off dramatically in recent years vs JPM which skyrocketed which I suppose can be wholly related to if you have AUM with them or not. Lastly, after the shakedown calls in '09 from Amex over high charge activity pretty much telling you unless you pay down your balance before your due date we'll freeze your account I don't have much faith that if tmrw I decided to spend $5mm on the cent I wouldn't just get a call a day later telling me to pay the balance down now vs JPMR where I don't imagine in a million years being told that they'll freeze me unless I cough up the cash right away.