FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Housekeeping gripes
View Single Post
Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:22 pm
Steve M

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Proudelitist
If I leave the sign on the door, don't start calling to check that I really mean it.
Agreed.

Don't slip passive aggressive letters under the door to remind me that I didn't have the room made up. It means LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
The slip of paper serves an important purpose, and I don't think it's passive/aggressive. It tells you that the decision point of not servicing your room for the day has passed, and that you need to call someone if you want service. Without this notification, what can happen is that a guest leaves the room at an hour that they think is reasonable enough to expect housekeeping service, but then comes back and is mad because the room is not made up. The slip of paper prevents this kind of misunderstanding. If you really don't want service that day, it's easy enough to ignore, and accept that it may be important to others.

My other gripe is about the in-room coffee. Why on earth is there decaf in there??
Do you think they put it there for their own jollies? Obviously, some guests would like decaf. Why on earth would this bother you?

Worse, is when there is ONLY decaf..an event which has taken place on my travels more than once.
Now, that's a problem.