FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bump off upgrade problem
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2004, 12:52 pm
Dad to Rei

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Dovster
I would have insisted that they put me on an itinerary where both my wife and myself could fly B/E. On April 2, there were 12 itineraries that would have gotten you from ATL to CDG. Four of these were direct flights, the rest ran through one other city (Boston, Newark, DC, JFK or Amsterdam). I find it difficult to believe that all of these were filled up.

The alternative would have been to demand that the return flight be in B/E. This, actually, would have been better as it is about an hour longer to fly west than east.
Actually, I tried those things. Unfortunatly, since I was so short on time for my flight, I did not have time to play tiddly-winks with them with regards to there schedule. They kept telling me no, regardless of what I asked. I asked about the upgrade coming back, they said no dice, since I was on AF metal. When I asked to switch back to DL, they said no. This gate agent just had no interest in helping at all, or in honoring the agreement that I had made the prior day in PHL.