FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long to clear customs in BOS?
View Single Post
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:41 am
KLouis

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
I think the minimum connection time in Boston is 90 minutes. As for customs, what time of year are you flying? If this is peak summer travel, I would give yourself an hour to clear customs at this time. If your flight is delayed, it'll land smack in the middle of the other international flights coming in at that time, which could mean another 30ish minutes. All in, I would be comfortable with a flight anytime after 1900.
If you are not a US citizen, it may well mean another 120ish minutes. That's by experience! When coming to the US, I always plan an, overall, 3-4 hours long connection time (from arrival to departure, incl. terminal changes, etc.), although it's a fact that in 20% of the cases my stay at immigration was shorter than 15 minutes. Strangely, my shortest and one of my longest immigration clearance times (5 minutes and ~130 minutes, respectively) were both at ORD, arriving with TK at the same time of the day. My "negative" record was at MIA (a little longer than three hours) while in BOS I've never waited for longer than 30-40 minutes at immigration.

PS All of the above times were flying business class, i.e. being one of the first out of the plane.

Last edited by KLouis; Sep 30, 2016 at 5:48 am