FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - REACTION, DISCUSSION: EQD, status tier, upgrade changes as of 6 Jun 2016
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:41 pm
Discovery Bay

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA 3MM, UA 1MM
Yeah yeah, I know., Get over it. Deal with it. Man up and spend more money. Well, no actually....I think I'm going to vote with my wallet
After several years of 100% loyalty and 3MM my annual spend will not comfortably achieve EXP as it has done previously.

OK ..... I get the message ...... I don't fit the profile of customer that AA wants.

I shall be changing to the BA Executive Club but they will doubtless join the race to the bottom eventually.

In the end one will then be left choosing the best value carrier that offers the service that you want and FF programmes will be unimportant when it comes to making a choice.
Over the years I have taken advantage of competitively priced fares in the premium cabins.

AA capacity/yield management department choose to fill those seats at bargain fares - but with loyalty a thing of the past - AA may in future encounter difficult filling those same seats.

That niche market of flyers may be small but it used to have strong loyalty.