FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - You've changed this ticket too many times.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:45 am
kv99

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
Originally Posted by TH310
Yes. That is exactly what I should have done. FWIW I was very polite to the service agent, but I would have been better off saying that I needed to call back.

Sure. I like to fly and I like to be excited about flying. This agent's attitude was something of a buzzkill. For 2016, I will have to work to get to the next level (platinum). Since I am already Gold (barely) and can live without Platinum, I might have more fun flying airlines or aircraft that I haven't been on before. Yes, I might try something else since my enthusiasm was a little dampened by this agent. I'm saying this without any sort of anger or sense of revenge. But I think it is worth mention that an agent's attitude over a $60 ticket could result in the loss of a pair of J tickets to Air France or TK. I find it interesting that UA has this person working the priority desk and she is not more big-picture oriented. She certainly did not need to add the notation "no more changes without a fee." That was at her discretion.

btw, I appreciate the responses. Thanks.
I see where you're coming from. I often take different airlines or routings to try something different. This year I hit 1K quite early and Unityed was rather underwhelming on a few trips so used it as a chance to try VS, AF, and KL premium cabins on some of my Europe trips. I really enjoyed all three of them. I make this choice because I don't see huge incremental value in GS and there's more value in trying and learning about other products.

That said United still has great agents at the 1K desk who really save the day when things REALLY go wrong (in a way that no other airline does). So don't hold too much against the airline for one surly agent.