FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Another story of abuse of a disabled passenger
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:52 am
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by Superguy
I had Pre-check the "easy" way working for a federal agency. Unfortunately, moving to a different agency that doesn't have the deal means I lost that perk. It was nice as I didn't have to give TSA any info as it was provided by my employer.

The $85 doesn't bother me - I'd pay that. My issue is I don't want TSA having more personal info on me than they already do, and they don't need what they're asking for.
(bolding mine)

+1000

TSA regularly grants one-time Pre to pax based on nothing more than the information collected on every single pax when a ticket is purchased.

If they're already collecting/reviewing available information and consider it a trustworthy way of determining Pre eligibility, then there is absolutely no need for the background check. It's a money-grab and an information over-reach that has nothing to do with aviation security.

It's as stupid as the notion that an $85 background check means the xray operator is now magically capable of clearing LGAs and single laptops without needing to see them unpacked.

Really?

I would really like to see Congress grill Neffy on this one particular point. Neffy's going to say that every single pax is thoroughly screened. If that's the case, why is it possible to 'thoroughly screen' a laptop or LGAs inside a bag if the pax is Pre but it is not possible to screen that same unpacked bag if the pax is not Pre.

Somebody's blowing smoke.