FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on first time visit to South Korea
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:10 am
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
Glad to see you got to do everything. And yes, riding a bike around the park where all the tourist stuff is would be stressful. I meant away from the park and on the back streets where there aren't many people and you get nice sweeping views of the mountains and fields. If you go at the right time, it's definitely picture perfect with the canola flowers/foliage.

I prefer Gyeongju over the course of two days simply because, coming from Seoul, that's an expensive train ticket and simply just takes some time for a day trip. Aslo, usually I'm with friends and we barbecue and relax. But yes, you can rush yourself and see the places in a day and leave if you're staying in, say, Busan.

Glad you enjoyed your time here!
Ah yes, re bicycling that makes much more sense! I couldn't see why anyone would want to bike around the tourist stuff. The bike-ride you describe would've been quite a beautiful ride I'm sure.

And I did leave for Busan after Gyeongju (should've stated that). Although interestingly it takes just as long to get from Gyeongju by slow train to hotel as it does to get to Seoul via high speed KTX. In any event for those that have limited time my point was simply that they can see everything in a day. If you have more time you surely can spend 1 overnight in Gyeongju. Personally I would not recommend more than one overnight in the area (unless you have friends there).

I definitely enjoyed. Thanks for the all the tips pre-trip.