FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Reserve (100,000 points, $4,000 spend, 3 months)
Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:52 pm
Tpa-flyer

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
We moved to a new city late last year and there's a conveniently located Chase bank near our new house. We opened savings and checkings accounts there and have established a relationship with the branch's employees. Along comes the Chase Reserve news and I start to flip out like anyone else. But, the 5/24 dragnet was going to ruin my chances for an instant approval. (Two of the 5 are AU's.) I asked my banker to look up and see if I had been pre-approved for the Reserve and he said, yes. That was a few weeks ago. I have been babysitting my credit reports all year bec I did not want inquiries that were not well thought out, and when the Reserve came out I felt I really needed my score to push up close to 800 to best present myself on a Reserve app. With adequate nervousness I went into the bank today and asked to apply for the Reserve and the whole thing took less than a minute. Instant approval (yay) and 27K CL (yay)! My banker doubts I'll receive a metal card but he told me the plastic version should reach me by early next week. So, I remain a bit puzzled that I got an instant approval bec I am sitting on five apps in the past 24 mos. Maybe the pre-approval and a high credit score pushed me over the finish line. I have no idea. Did not have to move around any credit, either, so "it's all good." I am feeling pretty happy!