FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] VPN Provider Recommendations
Old Sep 27, 2016, 5:04 pm
Calliopeflyer

Originally Posted by SchrottFly
This sounds promising - thanks much for the heads up

I have not installed it yet, but do you mind explaining how I could increase my data to 1.5GB "with a tweet"?

So to limit the data usage, I could log off and go to an unprotected mode when I am doing something harmless (like browsing FT ) and then log in to the VPN when I do some banking / trading transactions?
If you post a tweet on Twitter asking for a free Gig of data Tunnelbear, they will give you an extra allotment of free data for a month. You can post a tweet each month for another monthly increase in your limit. At least that used to be their promotion - I assume it's still active.

I've had Tunnelbear for years, and the user interface is incredibly easy - you can turn it on and off with a click, and you can choose one of 20 different countries from a drop-down menu. Easy peasy. I use it on my phone or laptop exactly like you described: turn it on for email and banking (for instance) but don't use it for general surfing. I have an unlimited plan ($50 a year), but I also use it at home for streaming sometimes (not Netflix).