FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis's fraudulent Damage Claim-AMEX primary coverage issue
Old Sep 27, 2016, 3:26 pm
Naser Imran Hossain

Hi All,

So I have good news After following an advice I found on another forum, I opted to contact the executive contacts at Avis (as mentioned here). I contacted all of the contacts and someone by the name of James Tucker replied. He was an Executive Resolution Coordinator and he said that he has escalated the case and will update me in a few days. So two days after that, he sends me an email saying that the accident claim was a mistake on their end and that they were very sorry. He also went ahead and mentioned that the case was now closed and the appropriate Avis personnel have been notified.

Now that that's done, do you guys think I should pursue this any further? I mean legally that is- for getting harassed by Avis or their insurance agent Viking Payments. This was an absolute nightmare for me as I was not seeing any way out of this mess! American Express flat out put my case on hold today citing that they have not received all the necessary documents from Avis and had to put the case on hold. This was very scary, as I could have been easily victimized by Viking had I not made the extra effort to research and contact the executive contacts.

Please advice.

PS: To answer some of the questions, this was indeed an airport-to-airport rental.