FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Costco for car rentals - seems to be cheapest always!
Old Sep 27, 2016, 4:53 am
arollins

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by T Q
Interesting comments. The only problem we had with Budget @ Detroit was that the line was 35 people long when we got to the rental center. I so wished I had fastbreak. It took a full hour plus 10 or 15 min to get to counter. Unbelievable. I typically like Enterprise or Alamo. I don't travel that frequently so I'm no expert, however.
Originally Posted by randix
join Fastbreak and similar programs at other car rental agencies, and you won't have a reason to post how long you had to wait!
Another advantage to enrolling in similar programs at rental agencies is that you slowly accumulated points/perks along the way that can help in future rentals. Budget and other programs sometimes have promo where for every 2 rentals you get a $25 discount on a future reservation, others offer a free day. Once you make your reservation @ Costco, enter your rental agency membership # in order for it to track.

Nothing like trying to maximize the benefits. I used to be a loyal National member, Executive Elite level, but for the past couple of years I've been a free agent, National prices have skyrocketed and I dislike their updated website.