FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same-day flight changes on Westjet?
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:57 pm
CanuckFlyHigh

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I use this perk once or twice a week, so I am VERY familiar with it.

Originally Posted by FlyerJ
  • Can it be done on the Westjet app, if I've already checked-in for my ticketed flight? Don't check-in. It can be done on the app, or at the kiosk in the airport, within four (4) hours of your original departure time. Anything outside of 4 hours prior needs to be done at the Guest Assistance Desk
  • If yes, will the app allow me (the Gold member) the change at no charge? Yes.
  • Can the non-member pay the "same-day change fee" via the WestJet app, or does that have to be done in person at the airport? Sorry, unsure.
  • Can a change to an earlier flight be done anytime during the 24 hour check-in window? ]Or can it only be done truly 'same day', i.e. after 12 midnight local time? It has to be done at the airport, and has to be the actual same day (12hour). There are a few technicalities to this, such as if there is no other flight on that same day, but just assume that it has to be same day.
  • If making the change at the airport, can it be done anywhere ... i.e. kiosk, check-in agent, or gate agent? Kiosk - if within 4 hours. Check in Agent - always. Gate Agent - if you find a nice one.
  • If I use a kiosk to make the change, will WestJet's IT system know that I am Gold and not charge me the fee? Or do I need to see an agent to change without paying? It knows automatically. In fact, if you go to check-in within 4 hours of your flight departure time, it will automatically pop up and say "Other flights are available. Click Here to review"
  • If my non-member companion wants to change to an earlier flight, can that be done at the gate? (Can WestJet agents take credit card payments at the gate?) I think this should be done at the check-in, but I am not sure.

Anyone know how this works?

Cheers!