FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same-day flight changes on Westjet?
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:13 pm
FlyerJ

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Same-day flight changes on Westjet?

I've never done a same-day flight change (i.e. take an earlier flight) with WestJet.

I'm traveling later this week with a co-worker, and we're likely going to wrap up early. We're hoping to finish early enough to get an earlier flight from YVR-YYC.

I'm Westjet Gold. He's not a member.

I've looked on their web-site, but can't really find any info about how this works. The only things I could find were:

On the page explaining the different fare categories:

Same-day flight changes are defined as early and missed flight re-accommodation for the same origin and destination on the same day of travel. Re-accommodation to an earlier or later flight must be requested at the time of check in or at the airport (or at the airport within 2 hours of a missed flight) and is subject to availability. Difference in fare will not be charged or refunded for an earlier or missed flight.
And on the Westjet Gold benefits page, there's the very short and sweet (sans any details):

No fee for same-day flight changes at check-in
So how exactly does one do a 'same day flight change' with Westjet?

• Can it be done on the Westjet app, if I've already checked-in for my ticketed flight?
  • If yes, will the app allow me (the Gold member) the change at no charge?
  • Can the non-member pay the "same-day change fee" via the WestJet app, or does that have to be done in person at the airport?
  • Can a change to an earlier flight be done anytime during the 24 hour check-in window? Or can it only be done truly 'same day', i.e. after 12 midnight local time?
  • If making the change at the airport, can it be done anywhere ... i.e. kiosk, check-in agent, or gate agent?
  • If I use a kiosk to make the change, will WestJet's IT system know that I am Gold and not charge me the fee? Or do I need to see an agent to change without paying?
  • If my non-member companion wants to change to an earlier flight, can that be done at the gate? (Can WestJet agents take credit card payments at the gate?)

Anyone know how this works?

Cheers!

Last edited by FlyerJ; Sep 26, 2016 at 12:19 pm