FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best hotel in Chengdu?
View Single Post
Old Sep 26, 2016, 10:46 am
bearbrick

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
First time in Chengdu coming up and wondering where to stay - seems to be a choice of RC, St Regis, Temple House or Shangri-La, has anyone stayed at any of them and able to provide some insight? Am I'm right in thinking the two ICs look (at least) a level down from these hotels?
I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Chengdu a couple of months back and was very happy with it . Apparently the building took a while to finish up as its a part of a mixed use complex - the hotel is new . It had just opened for a few months when I stayed . Excellent all round hotel .

Within a bustling area and very walkable to Taikoo Li which is where the Temple house is located . Took a tour of the Temple house and Was very disappointed with It , mostly because of the design and layout .... ( note i don't like the Opposite House either ) , uncomfortable and almost self consciously so ...the awkward room layout and the materials used ... The residential units were also similarly disappointing .

The public area of the hotel was just poorly utilised and lacked privacy .

Service was very good though . Security and public area staff were attentive and friendly . The best part of the hotel then .

Though not luxurious , you may also want to look at the Niccolo Chengdu ...part of the marco polo hotels group . Not been but saw it from a distance and their website certainly gave a good impression ... And I would imagine they would try harder as its MPolo hotels first boutique project .