FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which email site to use - esp when travelling?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:19 am
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Coolers
Keyloggers on public hotel computers are commonplace. Believing otherwise is foolish. Not all hotels will allow you to email documents to them for printing.

An easy way to protect oneself is to employ a secondary email account to which you'd email any boarding passes or random documents you need to print.
Commonplace? Who says? What stats? The media sure does talk it up like it's a thing... but I don't see any articles with any stats.

I have traveled extensively around the world and used hotel computers, computer stores and wifi hotspots with no issues.

That said, I'm all for a secondary hotmail account where you email yourself certain things. I too use one account for personal stuff and another for newsletters, online shopping, etc. I'm not saying to not to be prudent and not saying one shouldn't be careful. But sometimes we take this stuff too far due the media scaring us. I feel quite safe using a business computer in a decent high end hotel.