FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Removing Used/Expired Visa Stickers from Passport
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:41 am
bbtrvl

Programs: GE
Originally Posted by chollie
Slightly OT, but I was leaving FRA with a very full passport. I had been there overnight because of a cancelled flight.

The immigration agent flipped through my passport, asked me when I'd arrived, then flipped it back to me and said he couldn't find any entry stamp for that visit. I was slightly shocked, but fortunately for me, I knew (within a couple pages) where it had been stamped on arrival because I knew where the few remaining blank spaces were.

Awkward couple moments until I found it, though.
LOL, you got an immigration agent who saw your passport and decided that he didn't want to waste 5 minutes searching for the entry stamp and figured (correctly) you would be able to find it faster.

Also they technically can (do? should?) look for other entry/exit stamps from the last 180 days, but probably didn't in yours.

The truly lazy thing would have been to assume that anyone (especially US citizen) with that many visa stamps is not overstaying and just stamp the exit, but FRA agents are probably too stringent to go there.