FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which email site to use - esp when travelling?
Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:37 pm
FlyerGoldII

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Which email site to use - esp when travelling?

1. I use the yahoo web site. Problem is threefold:

a) if I go overseas, then I am often asked to provide a numeric code to prove I am who I say i am - and that code goes to my cell phone (which I do not use outside of North America).

b) every so often, there is a systemic glitch affecting many users of yahoo-unlike the good old days, there is no longer any telephone or chat support.

c) of course I am worried about the 2014 hacking.

2. I do have google email accounts - and accessing gmail is even worse.

a) often, outside of my home computer, my account can not be verified, and I and can not access my account - even if I can enter the numeric codes similar to what is requested for my yahoo account when I have my cell phone (in North America).

b) there is no direct gmail support for issues - just a gmail forum where someone from gmail support may respond, if one is lucky.

3. I do not know anything about hotmail or other email sites.

So what site is best for emails, when travelling - for both customer support and accesing one's email from different computers around the world?