FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Terminal 3...BA know their passengers aren't happy!
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:22 am
NWIFlyer
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by flatlander
In my experience neither T5 nor T3 fast track barriers understand status-based fast track access but only class-of-service access. So I have to present my boarding pass to the person in both terminals. However they usually scan my boarding pass and read the screen and accept me; I have not had to present an FF card for a long time (if ever). This is all true even with Oneworld status from AA (not BA), and the boarding pass does show either "EXECPLAT" / "PRIORITY AACCESS" (AA flights) or has status of "EMERALD/AA/xxxxxxx" (BA flights).
T5 certainly works automatically for BA status holders, so it sounds like the database isn't coded with other FFP details. T3 has never worked (and nor, indeed, does T2 now for *A status holders). I've taken far more Star flights from T3 than oneworld ones, but I was always asked for the card when on Star. I confess I can't actually remember what I had to produce when travelling in Y on UL and BA from T3 this year, but I can perfectly well see there's a good possibility - based on the Star experience - that many of those who undertake the manual check will default to type at times, even if they don't need to.