FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bose QC35 Released: Wireless and USB Rechargeable
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:13 am
GrussGott

Originally Posted by KCZ
I'm wondering if your QC35's were defective. I have no claims to being an audiophile either, but I'd say that mine are extremely loud and clear, in fact they're so loud that I usually have the volume turned way down to prevent my eardrums from being blown out. I can also get good BT reception through one wall and ~30-35' away. So while I get your argument of sound quality vs ANC, I don't think your headphones were functioning correctly.
Could be - but I'm pretty sure they weren't: I tired them with 3 phones, 3 tablets, and 2 laptops. I'm not saying they weren't able to be kinda loud, but the sound quality was just not there. I also updated the firmware to 1.0.6

I would compare it to listening to a TV in the other room - the Bose ANC is great so if a lawn mower goes by, on the Bose you don't hear it. that's great! but the TV is still in the other room. Now you can ask the person in the other room to turn up the TV, and it'll get loud, but it's still in the other room loud. at least to me. And this is consistent with the QC15s I've tried on a few international flights.

Given my experience with the Bose OE Soundlinks, I was hoping these QC35s would be the same sound quality + ANC, but it wasn't for me. I might be one of those people who just doesn't like the Bose QCs, which is too bad because I really wanted to.

Next up will be the Sony MDR-1000x, but unfortunately for Sony, the new B&W P7 Wireless will be here Wednesday. I use my headphones everyday, but I don't really need ANC daily so if the P7s sound as great as everyone says I'll probably stick with them and then if I really need to, but an ANC set next year.