FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Grand Krakow, Poland [Master Thread]
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:37 pm
navelfluff

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
My wife and I just had an Award/SNA two night stay.

Arrival & checkin were fast and efficient. The English-speaking staff were very friendly. Based on previous recommendations I opted for the Platinum welcome amenity, and 20 minutes later a chilled bottle of bitter orange vodka and two shot glasses were delivered to our suite on a silver tray.

The Grand Executive Suite (room 201) is huge - 77 sqm / 828 sqft. As it is on the corner it has views of both the castle and the river. The 7ft-tall castle-facing window has a Juliet balcony and opens wide to make the views even better. Each of the rooms has its own large curved TV and bathroom - a feature my wife loved (she now wants an additional bathroom in our bedroom at home). The toiletries were all Molton Brown instead of the usual Shertaton branded. Everything else in the suite was as you would expect at a property like this. Wifi was very fast.

As we arrived at 9:30pm I felt it was easer to eat at the hotel so we went to the bar and had good, reasonably priced food. I didn't check out the sports bar but it looked good from the outside. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good - one of the most extensive buffets I have seen.

Location-wise this hotel is excellent. Well placed for river walks and exploring the castle and old city. It's a long way from the central railway station so we opted to take a taxi from the airport (just 85 zl / UK£18 / US$22)

We didn't use the Club lounge for food, but it had a good selection of soft drinks and wine/beer. It's an odd location - a mezzanine in the atrium with strange sail-like sheets floating above it - but it is comfortable.

This is definitely I hotel I would recommend.

EDIT: And yes, I had a squeaky dragon in my bathroom!

Last edited by navelfluff; Sep 25, 2016 at 11:48 pm