FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New YYC International Terminal - Opens Oct 31/16
Old Sep 23, 2016, 5:58 pm
ridefar

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Stranger
Just like, one should not have pride for being a citizen of this or that supposedly country. Indeed one has no merit really in having been born in this or that family and on this or that planet.

But by the same token (and this is oh, so Calgarian) one should not systematically disparage what's at home.

Coming back to YYC though, the airport used to received quite high rankings and occasionally was ranked best in North America.
Please don't indulge in inductive reasoning with respect to what I like or don't like.

My point was mostly that YYC is a corporation. Having loyalty for an airport is ridiculous. To my way of thinking, even more so than having loyalty to AC. At least AC returns some benefits.

Having said that, I think I am relatively sanguine about what is good and bad about Calgary. And traveling for 15 years has certainly made me a much more proud Canadian. So... I am a bad Calgarian because my favourite city is Montreal? Seriously? Thinking that there is equivalence between having pride in your country (which is an ideal, a constitution, a history, a collection of people and beliefs) and pride in your home airport is ridiculous. Sorry, Stranger, I respect your posts here and I respect you but I think that notion is silly.

Last edited by tcook052; Sep 23, 2016 at 7:45 pm Reason: edit quote