FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight buddy wanted
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:58 am
boosh

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Flight buddy wanted

This is perhaps a bit of an unusual post here on FT, but then again it is about flight travel. If this violates FT rules then please let me know

I volunteer in Alanya, Turkey working with stray dogs. There are lots of them, and they generally don't live the best of lives. We often find pups dumbed on the streets walking aimlessly and unable to look after themselves. We try to look after them the best we can, providing them with food, medical care, vaccinations, castration and where possible with shelter. We try to rehome as many dogs as we can and where feasible we try to find adoption families abroad. All this if payed for out of our own pocket and with the little money we are able to raise (it is not much) and get no funding or help from any local, regional or national governments as they simply don't see it as being a problem to wast time on. So we are 100% reliant to volunteers.

We have a small pup, 12 weeks old Lab/Collie that got dumped on the streets. We have managed to find her a foster family in the US until she can find her permanent home, and it is here I turn to the FT community. We need a flight buddy for this pup who can accompany her from IST to JFK in mid to late October. Her final destination will be Philadelphia so if you are traveling that way after even better.

As a flight buddy very little will be required of you. You will be meet by one of our volunteers in the airport who will help check the pup in and pay the additional fees. When you arrive in JFK all you will have to do is collect the pup again and wheel her out to arrivals where there will be a volunteer to receive her. She will have all necessary papers and we will always be on hand should a problem arise.

If you are interested in being a flight buddy or help in any other ways then please send a pm.