FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Removing Used/Expired Visa Stickers from Passport
Old Sep 23, 2016, 9:25 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by chollie
Slightly OT, but I was leaving FRA with a very full passport. I had been there overnight because of a cancelled flight.

The immigration agent flipped through my passport, asked me when I'd arrived, then flipped it back to me and said he couldn't find any entry stamp for that visit. I was slightly shocked, but fortunately for me, I knew (within a couple pages) where it had been stamped on arrival because I knew where the few remaining blank spaces were.

Awkward couple moments until I found it, though.

Oddly enough, while this was happening, a guy next to me was getting very excited. He was going back to somewhere in Africa. The agent was telling him there was no way he could have entered the country with the passport he was presenting because there was no visa? stamp? The guy had a letter and was trying to explain that he'd used the letter somehow to get in. The agent refused to look at the letter and finally just stamped the guy out.
The German passport control often try to give me issues on exit about them not being able to find an entry stamp to match up for their exit stamp. My line is that the French, Italians, the Dutch and the Danes and some others are inconsistent in stamping my US passport and that they can see that my passports' stamps show me to be in one non-Schengen country or another every few days going back years but that there are just too many stamps for them or me to make an issue about matching up stamps -- especially as the stamps are irrelevant for my current legal presence status. Amusingly, they rarely notice the "not valid" kind of stamps in my passport.