FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Star Gold card required?
View Single Post
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:04 am
YuropFlyer

Originally Posted by Kacee
The BP scan confirms *G status. It's at least as reliable as the physical card.

LX is violating *A rules by requiring the physical card. Which is really kind of ironic for such a rule-bound culture. I had quite the little debate with the dragons at ZRH about this back in April.

That is not what the *A access rules say. From the *A website:
Fat fingered a fully written answer.. damn

Anyway. No. I can fake any Status on a boarding pass scan.

In the time I ride the Heidi train.

I can't produce a fake card in the same time.. it needs (criminal) planing to produce a card in advance etc. etc.

Any TA can enter ANY status into the system. If you know a TA, they can enter HON into your booking, no matter your real status.

Again, this is to increase the gate, not to build a 10m high wall (Greetings to Mr. Trump )

It makes it HARDER to cheat into the lounges.

On airlines only doing boarding pass scans, it's easy as pie to get into the lounges.

Regards to the Malay guy in SIN.. oh, and actually he's now in real trouble for doing so, so DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING IT.

I'm talking about the pure technical aspect of it. You can fake whatever you want onto your boarding pass, mobile, PDF or real old-school one.

Showing a physical card is making it trickier to fake any status. It needs more criminal energy. It needs more "guts" to do so.

Holding your boarding pass with a fake *G status against the Gate doesn't take much guts.

Having to provide a fake card to some real person does.